Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Simple Healthy Smoothies Make Healthy Kids









Keeping children healthy mothers big a concern, but when it comes to good food, sometimes it is very difficult for us. My kids all ate a healthy, nutritious food when they were small, but they grew up eating less and less fresh fruit and vegetables gave them, apparently assumed that all of what became the breadcrumbs was infinitely better than anything that could be peeled or worse, maybe juice.

When I was pregnant with my first I was hanging ice, but found it was all a terrible aftertaste. I drove everyone crazy, until my husband bought me an ice machine so I could get my own, and not surprisingly, are exempt from additives and preservatives, I found my tasted pretty good.
So when my son was born we had ice cream and add real fruit, milk added and then created a delicious cold drink, healthy smoothie might say.

One of the great things about healthy smoothies is that they are a great way to introduce children to new fruits. Fore example, apples are nutritious fruit, and so we often use the basis of our apple juice smoothie, but did you know that pomegranates are very good for you? When I first read about their health benefits Olin surprised, as are many more adults than children (lowers blood pressure and cholesterol), I was particularly interested in the claim that it can prevent plaque build up and plaque arteries.

Smoothies are a great way for children to eat fresh fruit, but you should be careful with the sugar.
It makes no sense to prevent plaque, tooth decay by as your child too much sugar. Pomegranate juice is a bit harsh, but you can just add a little honey.

1 box blueberry yogurt
1 cup frozen (or fresh) mixed berries
1 / 2 cup pomegranate juice
If you are using fresh berries add a few ice cubes. If you sweeter, add a little honey.

When the children return to school they always stick to the cold, so it's a good idea to increase their immune system, as you can. Again, pomegranates are a good choice, but they can be pests to prepare and berries are squeamish, but they do a really good smoothie that can be used for breakfast.

1 cup milk
A large banana
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1 cup frozen (or fresh) mixed berries
1 cup pomegranate juice

Again, you can add honey to taste, and even some protein powder.

Besides bananas and pomegranate juice are good sources of potassium, the third most common mineral in the body and is essential for health.
Using a Blendtec blender so easy to make healthy smoothie. It is never too late or too early to eat healthy, so why not try?

No comments:

Post a Comment